The multistep carbon-assisted rejuvenation process begins with the application of a thin layer of carbon-based Spectra lotion. The lotion is left on for several minutes to facilitate penetration into pores. Next a full pass of the face with the laser is completed in Spectra Mode (Quasi-long pulse mode) reaching deep into the dermis, photobio stimulating skin cell regeneration and reducing inflammation.
Subsequent passes are then completed in the Q-switched mode. In this mode, the energy from the laser removes the Spectra lotion via photo-mechanical destruction and lightly ablates the old surface layer skin away; removing as much as 20 microns from the epidermis. The laser energy also targets and breaks up pigment, which is then carried away by the body while simultaneously heating the dermis causing the skin to contract and stimulate the production of collagen.
Benefits of the Spectra Carbon Laser Peel:
- Reduces the appearance of pigmentation, fine lines and textural irregularities
- Improves overall skin tone
- Gold standard treatment to shrink enlarged pores
- Reduces clogged pores
- Reduces stubborn acne and diminishes excess oil production
- Refreshes a dull complexion creating a fresh youthful looking GLO
- Temporarily removes some facial vellus hairs
- Stimulates collagen production
- Safe for most skin types
- Customizable treatment for Melasma
- Can be used in combination with other treatments
- Little to no downtime