The department at Oriana Hospital Sharjah is committed to providing patients world-class diabetes and endocrinology care. This state-of-the-art facility is equipped to meet the highest international standards and follows strict guidelines to ensure optimal care with guaranteed satisfaction. According to a World Health Organization (WHO) research data, more than a quarter of UAE’s population suffer from diabetes. More than 40% of the population over the age of 60 is reported to be suffering from the disease. It is also reported that diabetes affects more than 20 per cent of the adult population in the UAE – four times more than the worldwide average. Patients with higher blood glucose levels are said to have pre-diabetes and risk developing diabetes within a span of 5 to 10 years. The Diabetology Department at Oriana Hospital Sharjah aims to identify the risk factors at an early stage that is essential to help prevent the disease at its very onset.
Endocrinology & Diabatology services:
- ✓ Diabetes.
- ✓ Endocrinology diseases.
- ✓ Thyroid disease.
- ✓ Pituitary diseases.
- ✓ Parathyroid diseases, including high/low calcium.
- ✓ Diseases of the adrenal gland.
- ✓ Conditions related to male and female hormone imbalance, including fertility problems, polycystic ovaries, low testosterone, and high prolactin.
- ✓ Vitamin D deficiency.
- ✓ Osteoporosis.
- ✓ High blood pressure and high cholesterol.